Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Red and Gold (poem)

I suppose, considering it's October 1st, I'll admit that it's finally Autumn.  So, in honor of this, I'm posting this poem I wrote in 2007 about Fall colors.  Enjoy. :)


Red and Gold

Fire burns the trees tonight,
fueled by the golden ball of the West.
The flames lick the branches
like children do candy,
eager to find the sweetest spot.

Like arms, they embrace,
reaching higher and higher,
as if to join their brothers in the sky,
changing in hue as they ascend.

Then, piece by piece,
the crinkled ashes drift to the ground,
once they have spent the juices
of the tree.

And what is left is barren,
but still graceful.
A twining, twisting work of ages,
left to rest from growth

until the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment