Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Musings on the Nature of Hope

That was probably the most disappointing moment of my life, right there. I stood up, and for some reason (I would attribute it to the single Twisted Pink Lemonade I had, but I'm not THAT much of a lightweight), the floor looked further away, and I swore I could see the tops of the moldings more easily. I was wondering how this could be, when the thought crossed my mind. Maybe...just maybe...I had grown.

I know, in retrospect, it was quite ridiculous, but at the time, my hopes overruled my sensibilities. I went to get my brother, even refusing to bend down and pet my cat on the way, lest I somehow lose my newly-gained height by lowering myself closer to the floor.

I gave him the ruler and stood against our old markings on the wall, holding my breath in anticipation. Alas, I still stood just as tall as I did on April 13th, 2005.

In my heart, I knew I hadn't really grown, but hope is a curious thing. It can make us believe in the impossible. It leads men to madness, but can also lead the downtrodden to victory.

It is truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment