Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Trial of First Amendment Rights: Day 2

Day 1

A short report today, as much of the day consisted of an IRS agent droning on like a futuristic Amazon delivery, confirming that the Prosecution's exhibits were indeed what the  Prosecution claimed them to be. It is interesting to note, though, that during this thorough examination of records and testimony, the judge was actually seen tipping her head back, appearing to be asleep!

Still, it must be noted that she did not actually sleep through the whole trial. She in fact managed to join the  Prosecution in objecting to the Defendant's opening statement (a total of seven objections/interruptions). The reason given for the objections was that the statement was "too much like a closing argument." Finally, the judge simply told the Defendant she could not continue, even though she wasn't even halfway done.

However, we will end on a note of amusement. During the Prosecution's questioning of the aforementioned IRS agent, some of the pieces of evidence they claimed were IRS records were, in fact, copies of refund checks posted to the Defendant's husband's website (which the Defendant promptly pointed out). So, I suppose it's a good thing those exhibits were verified, after all.

Day 3

3 comments:

  1. Sunshine Smoothie, thank you for this update! Many of us know the importance of this trial, not just for taxation BS.

    I have been personally $-pillaged by these P's of S**t for similar 'offenses'. As Sally Oh pointed out in another link on this blog, they are WORSE than the Mafia. It's despicable what is happening to this country. The courts are warmly in bed with the Feds on all tax matters - their lifeblood. No honest 'public servants' anymore. I never thought I'd ever be this pissed off. Thank you Sunshine Smoothie for this forum that still allows us for now, free speech, if not in the future if the 'honorable' (gag!) Victoria Roberts (Doreen's 'judge') has anything to say about it.

    Gratefully,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear that you've been struggling, too, Phil, and appreciate your comments. Though, in all fairness, the trial was technically in the jury's hands.

    But also, in case you don't know, as indicated by you calling me "Sunshine Smoothie", I'm Katie Hendrickson, Doreen's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! Yes, I did know this was you however did not want to point out the obvious. My 'rant' was only to enforce my support to your Mom and your family in yet another round with these bleeps. I appreciate your objectivity regarding my V. Roberts comment, however she has WAY OVER-STEPPED her bounds as a judge concerning the law, as you are well aware.

    My wishes and prayers that the jury comes to their senses if they have any doubt in the first place. Pulling for your Mom, and please tell her there are numerous supporters like me aware of some very brave people, the Hendrickson's all! Best of luck! - Phil.

    ReplyDelete