Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Put some clothes on, woman!

So, I posted this as a comment in reply to this article yesterday, and I was pretty proud of it, so I thought I'd put it here, too:

I'm just gonna throw this out there: personally, I think that no matter what size you are, if I would be able to have sex with you if you simply leaned forward, what you're wearing is too short. I realize that this is my opinion, and I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to wear what they like, or should be held responsible for someone else's actions, thoughts, whatever. However, have some self-respect. You can be perfectly confident in what you wear and how you look without pushing the envelope of modesty.

Confidence: belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities
Respect: esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability

When you wear short skirts/dresses like that, whether you like it or not, you are drawing eyes to that region, and many people will think how easy it would be to do something about it. Yes, it's twisted, but we're creatures of instinct at our roots. So, with that in mind, why would you want that to be someone's first (even involuntary) thought when they see you?

Yes, you can wear it; yes, you look great. But we're always saying "Eyes up here." Let's not just talk like that's what we want; let's dress that way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment