Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Friday, February 4, 2011

So get out your seat, and jump around!

No, not really, but that song's been stuck in my head for days.  The real topic of this post is: purpose.  It's such a simple word, but it has so many meanings.  Well, actually, according to Dictionary.com, there are five...

pur·pose

[pur-puhs] Show IPA noun, verb, -posed, -pos·ing.
–noun
1. the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3. determination; resoluteness.
4. the subject in hand; the point at issue.
5. practical result, effect, or advantage: to act to good purpose.
 
...and we all (at least, I do) make it our aim to "discover our purpose", or, find our reason for existence.  Recently, I have had quite a few moments of self-discovery, and I think I know mine.  My purpose is to be a link.  I exist for the sole purpose of giving people what they need, be it another person, a piece of knowledge, etc....and lately, I've been thinking.  Is this enough?
 
I mean, merely connecting people, not really doing anything myself...I can't get paid for it.  My work in the project isn't recognizable.  The one thing I love doing the most can't possibly do me any more good than to give me spiritual peace.  Is this enough?

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that your purpose in life has to be tied to a career? I think not. You could have a career doing something that you enjoy that actually incorporates aspects of your "linking" capabilities. But, I think that your purpose could be more of a side job or extra credit maybe?

    -Just a thought to ponder :)

    ReplyDelete