Intro

Someday, I'll write a book...for now, here's my blog.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Livin' in a bubble...

Before we get started, click this link for a little backstory: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=453590333633 .

So, as you can see, my family is going through some interesting times.  These times have forced me to become much stronger as a person than I ever thought I could be.  However, one can only take so much.  Last semester, I lived at home because I figured that my mom would need me to be around an help.  The thing is, the negativity and stress levels in my house were affecting me quite a bit, and so I moved in campus this semester so that I could focus more on my studies.  I thought that, once I moved here, I would be able to just chill out, be a student, as I needed to be.  But I can't.

This life I'm living at college, it seems surreal, like I'm walking in a dream.  My dad is fighting for truth and liberty from behind prison bars, and I'm sitting here learning about Socrates and schizophrenia.  I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm really doing the right thing.  I mean, everyone tells me I need to be a student, that to get an education is the most important thing I can do for my life, but it doesn't seem right.  I feel as though I should be out fighting for truth and liberty outside prison bars, because I can.  I should be an advocate for my dad.

Essentially, I'm questioning my future.

1 comment:

  1. Back in the day it was the clothes that made the person, but now it's the titles under their name that matter. Regardless of what you actually know, unless you have the degrees to prove it you're already at a disadvantage.

    As irritating as it is, you can consider your time in college something like biding your time. Are you doing anything productive now? Not really. Would you have the power to really do anything if you dropped the world right here and now? Possible, but unlikely. By building and stabalizing your own life you're building a much stronger potential... the better you look as a person, the more weight your words will hold.

    This is somewhat idealistic, but there's no denying the end result when comparing extremes. Who would you feel safer following: a college student with passionate ideas or a successful woman with a doctorate and a firm goal to fight for?

    Although on the same note, there's nothing to stop you from doing what you can while studying. ;)

    ReplyDelete